Barebone Flask Website
Learn how to set up and deploy a barebone website in Flask
In this post we’ll set up a Flask website serving as a starting point for building a simple website. If you know some Python, you will be able to go through the steps below to successfully set up the website on your own. Note: I’m using Python 3.6.3.
The full source code can be found on Github:
What we’ll use:
- Flask, a popular Python micro framework for the web
- Flask’s automatically configured Jinja2-templating engine
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk to host our website to keep scaling in mind (alternatively, you’ll be free to use a single instance on AWS EC2)
- Let’s Encrypt for SSL encryption
- Gunicorn (WSGI server)
- TODO: Flask-login integration
The end result is a fully working website serving as a starting point for your Flask-powered website project.