hydrus is a set of Python based tools for easier and efficient creation of Hypermedia driven REST-APIs. hydrus utilises the power of Linked Data to create a powerful REST APIs to serve data. hydrus uses the Hydra(W3C) standard for creation and documentation of it's APIs.
Table of contents
hydrus supports the following features:
- A client that can understand Hydra vocabulary and interacts with a Hydra supporting server to basic CRUD operations on data.
- A generic server that can serve required data and metadata(in the form of API documentation) to a client over HTTP.
- A middleware that allows users to use the client to interact with the server using Natural Language which is processed machine consumable language. (under development)
The system is built over the following standards and tools:
- Flask a Python based micro-framework for handling server requests and responses.
- JSON-LD as the preferred data format.
- Hydra as the API standard.
- SQLAlchemy as the backend database connector for storage and related operations.
Apart from this, there are also various Python packages that hydrus uses. Using
python setup.py install installs all the required dependencies.
NOTE: You'll need to use
To run a demo for hydrus using the sample API, just do the following:
Change directory and switch to the develop branch:
Install hydrus using:
and run the server using:
The demo should be up and running on